Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Thirty by Thirty

I did something like this before, but with no real deadlines-just wishes to do before I die. Now with inspiration from a blog I have been ready lately I think I am going to try for thirty by thirty. It doesn’t give me much time- I only have 12 and a half months to go until I turn 30, but I want them to be fun filled and productive.

1. Read a book a month.
2. Organize house. Figure out a way to keep it at least de-cluttered and almost clean most of the time.
3. Finish painting and decorate the living room.
4. Be doing a job I love, whether it be something different, or finally finding the love for the one I am in.
5. Purchase a new car.
6. Become a grown-up with our finances. We are off to a good start, but have a long way to go.
7. Have money saved in the bank.
8. Learn to cook 5 new dishes that my entire family likes in order to add some flavor to the menu each week.
9. Learn to crochet. (Mom, I may need your help with this one.)
10. Travel more for fun. I do it so often with my job I forget how much fun you can have traveling to see family and what-not. I traveled a lot with my parents growing up and want my kids to be able to say the same when they grow up. They may not see as much of Europe as I did, but, we don’t plan on moving over seas anytime soon. We have a few trips planned already, but I hope to add a few more.
11. Be less serious. Loosen up and have fun.
12. Catch up on my scrapbooks. I enjoy this SO much, but have but it off for SO long.
13. Loose some weight. Drink more water. Eat healthier.
14. Try yoga.
15. Read the Bible through entirely.
16. Take a class in something that intrests me.
17.
18.
19.
20.
21.
22.
23.
24.
25.
26.
27.
28.
29.
30.


I will add some more as I think of them.

2 comments:

Amy said...

How about:
buy a whole bunch of helium balloons and release them (I have always wanted to do that)
Eat an entire order of onion rings...completely.
Go to work with no make up on for an entire week
Listen to only Christian music in the car for a full month.
Learn to speak Klingon.

Susan said...

I don't know if I can eat those onions!

I do listen to my newly downloaded Accapella every day on the way home from work. Nothing like getting back to the basics.

Klingon? Um, no.