Wednesday, September 13, 2006

The list

I was reading on another site about lists. You know the list of things you want to do before you die. I thought to myself, I know of a few things, but let me sit down and really think about it. Here is what I have come up with:

  • road trip, coast to coast in a convertible
  • travel to all the continents
  • become better with photography
  • travel to Paris
  • learn Spanish
  • donate hair to locks of love
  • complete the cruise/motorcycle/baseball tour with Amy
  • take a sailboat
  • go to New York City
  • own a mustang
  • not be afraid of public speaking
  • dance at my children’s weddings

So there you go. I think I want to travel, not like with my job, because that is work. I want to travel to see sights and to visit places that I overlooked when my parents took me there in middle school. I would have such an appreciation of it now that I just didn’t have then.

************************************************************************************
On a side note, I want to kill my van. The radiator hose popped off and the car started smoking and argh! Luckily I had just pulled up to the restaurant where I was meeting the family and his dad and new wife when it got all crazy. So they were able to eventually fix it (with rain water from the side of the road) and Josh is going to drain the radiator today to get all the bugs and grass out while replacing the water with the clean kind. I just don’t know. This car is about to kill me, but we can't afford to replace.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I guess you have not spent much time in a convertable. You need to plan that trip AFTER you donate your hair!! You only have two continents to go (South America and Africa). Does this mean you want to go back to Paris? I would like to hear about this road trip with Amy - I bet there is a story behind that!!

Dear Old Dad

Susan said...

I don't remember going to Antartica and while I have been to Turkey I want to do Asia up right, China, Japan something to that effect. And I would like to see Paris again, not is such a rush (mom standing in front of the busto keep the tour from leaving us at the Eifel Tower). And Amy and I have plans for when we are 30, 40, 50 and 60. At thirty we are going on a cruise, afterthat we just have the trips planned, but not the order. We are going to travel around to several differant spring training sights and eventually ride together on a tandum motercycle to see part of the country-but not all at once.

Then when we get old we will live together and where big red hats to church and smoke and swear and get away with it like little old ladies do. And her mom is going to drive a FedEx truck. Not work for FedEx, just drive the truck-- she should be in her 90's by that point and Amy and I will be in our 70's. It is great fun.

But the cruise is only 18 months away!!! We can't wait!

Meg said...

Oh I would love to travel, too! That's one thing that I feel I haven't done enough of. I've never even seen the ocean! Great list...it made me start thinking about what would be on mine.