Wednesday, January 17, 2007

"Snow day" Again!

Argh! No school again today. I may just go crazy! I know I want to be a stay at home mom, but I want to be able to at the very least leave my house! I am a prisioner! I now know what Amy must feel like everyday, except that she can throw her kids outside (when the weather permits!) so even this that I am doing is more crazy! I think all parents are going crazy! Not that I haven't enjoyed my time at home this week, I have SCRUBBED my kitchen! It is spotless! At least until the dogs drag something in or we use a dish, but for now....ahhhh I will enjoy it! I have done 4 loads of laundry with another 3 or 4 calling my name today. We have made cookies, Magic Rocks, forts, played with their kitchen, played school and played in the snow! But now Emily is sick, so today should be REAL fun! She was going to spend the night at her friend Chelsa's house last night. With no school I said, "Sure! Have fun!" We got a call at 1am that she was puking! Fun! So she is home and sick. In fact she is still asleep. That never happens. We, or Josh, are going to have to brave it out in the cold today, we are out of dog food. The one thing I didn't make certain that we had before all this hit. They ate the last of it this morning. So I will need to get back out, but luckily the snow they predicted did not come and now it is all slushy and icy. With more to come...or so they say. Here are some pictures with my children and their pathetic "snowface" from yesterday: Enjoy!
yes that is a hotdog. We didn't have any carrots and it worked for them. Plus, think of the memory that will be when they are teenagers!
And now look what my life is about to be: Cookies! The Girl Scout cookie sale starts on Saturday morning and my life is officially over for 4 weeks. I am already looking forward to being done with it!For now, my living room is filled with cookies!!! I guess it is not a bad thing that I don't even want any of them. So not even one box has been opened! But if Jacob had his way, he would eat a whole case of Caramel deLites. He is holding off until Saturday, but I am not sure what we will do after that!

4 comments:

Amy said...

Cookies!! Save some mints for Auntie Amy!

Susan said...

I think we might have a box or two of them.

Chris said...

Will it ever let up!?!

That was very smart to stock up on cookies in advance, I wish we had done that. I think we ate our last cookie this morning. Not sure what we are going to do now.

Sarah said...

When my mom was a troop leader we would have stacks of boxes in the dining room. We made a fort out of them and our dining room table and it was really fun.