Thursday, January 04, 2007

The Cheetah Girls- Rrraarrr!!!

I haven’t written about Christmas because it seems so long ago. It was good. We had fun, everyone was generally well behaved and we were all happy. I got to make cookies with the kids and sing and dance to Christmas carols. I went shopping and enjoyed my parents being here. They may not come next year for Christmas, but that’s ok, we might be able to survive with out them-maybe.

My daughter received a CD and tickets from “Santa” for The Cheetah Girls. When she opened the CD she was happy, until she found the tickets. Then she was SO excited.



The funniest thing is the tickets were the last thing that was purchased for her and really an after thought. I thought she might like them, but I had no idea she would be this excited!
There has been a countdown to the concert since 9 days out. The concert is tomorrow night. We have even purchased a new shirt for the event and as every moment ticks by she gets more and more excited. She has been giddy and squeally for days and all she can talk about is The Cheetah Girls. It reminds me of when I was a young girl and totally into NKOTB. When I was in middle school and we lived in Germany the New Kids On The Block came to Europe. They were having 2 concerts within driving range of where we lived. After hours of calling (before the days of internet ticket buying) each of the separate numbers trying to just get through the line and not receive a busy signal my mom got through. She bought us tickets. At the time I didn’t realize that she had to buy 3 tickets, one for me, her and my poor, poor father. I don’t think I cared. I was so super excited that I was going to get to go to the concert. I have a few fuzzy memories of the concert. One is of the show itself. We were HIGH in the arena. I could barely see a thing, but the noise! I remember the volume of the girls. The other memory I have is after standing in line for what was probably hours for an over priced concert T-shirt the one I wanted was sold out. But not to my mother! She made them sell her the one that was stapled to the display. I had to wear a shirt under it because they must have used shingle staples to place it on the board and the holes where more than noticeable. I loved that shirt! I bet it is still in the closet at my parent’s house. I hope Emily gets some of the same memories of her first concert when we go tomorrow night.

Hold your breath and say a prayer for me as I venture into the land of Tween. I think we may have officially arrived at the Sumpter household.

1 comment:

Amy said...

For your parents' sake, I bet karma will give you a pounding headache, a nervous stomach, and an over whelming feeling of joy that you made your little girl so happy.