Friday, February 23, 2007

Tolls and Reuinons

Yesterday afternoon I left work to head home to enjoy a fantastic meal prepared by my husband and to be shared with my dear friend Amy. Once I got onto the highway I hear on the radio that I35 is down to one lane up north, right were I needed to go. So I quickly grab my purse and make sure I have $.75 to pay to take the toll road. I do so I head up the road transfer to 183 and onto Mopac going North bound. It was a breeze. Hardly any traffic and I was into Round Rock in 15 minutes. However, as I am making my way through all the traffic I am making phone calls to my Girl Scout parents and I am on the phone when I see the flashing lights. Now, it is not the flashing light of a police officer pulling me over, it is the flashing lights of the toll way looking for my TxTag. Which I don’t have. Uh-oh. I ran the toll. Totally not on purpose. I had the money. I was ready to pay. I forgot to exit in order to pay. Amy tells me not to worry that I will get a bill for the 75 cents that I didn’t pay and it is no big deal. But I FEEL horrible. I didn’t mean to do it. I hadn’t planned on doing it. In fact when I was rooting through my purse looking for the money before I got on the road I though to myself, “If I don’t have it I will just have to stay on 35. Oh well.” I was relieved when I found the dollar hidden in the side pocket of my purse and went right onto that road. But, now I feel bad.

On a different note. I am SO super excited that in May we are having a family reunion of sorts and the entire family from my dad’s parents and all their kids and all their kids and all their kids (those are my kids) will be there! I can’t remember when ALL of us where together. We are going to Lubbock to watch the 3rd grandchild graduate high school. I am thrilled! I love family!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

(Cue familar theme music) BAD BOYS! BAD BOYS! What cha'gonna do, what cha'gonna do when they come for you?

Mom

Amy said...

Man. Your Mom doesn't even know. These toll road boys are for real. They don't mess around. The first letter they send is all nice and just suggests that you pay the toll at your earliest convenience. But if you ignore that letter, well, you better watch yourself. Next thing you know you are walking all innocent like to your mailbox and suddenly, BAM! Another letter. Only this one is written using CAPITAL LETTERS and instead of your convenience it suggests that you remit payment IMMEDIATELY, or at your next convenience, whichever comes first.
I bet if you let it go for too long, they might send you four or five more letters. By the time it's all said and done, you have paid them their $4.95 for toll fees and postage and you have to ask yourself if skirting the law is really worth the chance to CHAT IT UP ON YOUR CELL PHONE WHILE YOU DRIVE. Do you see what your recklessness has cost you? Do you see what you have become? Or can you even see yourself through all the layers of law breaking tomfoolery? I, for one, am appalled.











Okay, on a different topic. I wrote this comment like ten minutes ago and I am sitting here trying to type in the stupid word verification thing but it WILL NOT allow any of the words I come up with.
I hope it works soon or we will be stuck here in the "leave your comment" box.
Cross your fingers for sdjsk