Wednesday, December 06, 2006

When I go shopping I try to prepare a list in order not to forget anything important. I guess I have passed this little bit of OCD onto my son. Josh had started a list of things for me to pick up at the store and Jacob took it upon himself to finish the list. Here is the photographic evidence:



I suppose he thinks we need:
granola bars
Sprite
Ritz Bitz
Ponpela Oil
Cookie Dough

Isn’t he sweet? It wasn’t all for him, he want to make sure I pick up some olive oil for my cooking as well. He is so considerate and loving. I don’t know what I would do without him.

8 comments:

Amy said...

What!? No D.P. for Auntie Amy? I'm not feeling the love, Jacob. Not feeling it.

Susan said...

I know, what was he thinking?

Amy said...

He wasn't. And that's the problem. He may only be five, but it is not too early to teach him the merits of sucking up to the Auntie.

(I've decided to go with Auntie, by the way)

Susan said...

Good to know. I will start working with them on that.

Anonymous said...

Susan has four "aunties" here in Las Cruces that give their opinion (solicted or not) on everything she did when she was growing up. Since their children were all younger than her the aunties were, of course, still experts in all matters concerning child-rearing of adolescents. One time that stands out in particular was when the high-school aged Susan tried to convince them (and me) that she "needed" more spending money. The aunties were unsympathic.

These were the same three "non-blood" aunties that worked their fingers to the bone at her wedding and reception. They pray for her continually like she was their own child.

Mom

Amy said...

Susan already knows that I am an expert at anything that inspires me to open my yapper. Fly fishing? Expert. Martial arts? Highly regarded genius. Child rearing? Let's just say that Cosby is jealous.

And Memaw, I pray for your grandbabies. Especially Jacob. That little grin of his is going to get him in all kinds of HILARIOUS trouble.

Susan said...

Oh my. This is why you are my LUcy!

Amy said...

And you are my Ethel. I covet your prayers for my little ones as well. The way I see it, they are either going to grow up to be felons with a really funny story about how they got there, or they are going to run for office.