Thursday, December 07, 2006

Shopping!!!

For Emily’s birthday she received quite a bit of money for gifts. The night before last we went on a shopping spree of sorts after I got home. Taking Emily out shopping with purchasing her clothes in mind is hysterical. She loves to shop. She loves to try on clothes and model them in the mirror.

When I picked her up from the neighbors and told her that we were going shopping she asked to go to the mall. Uh, no. The outlet mall? Uh, no again. How about Old Navy? Ok, she says. Off to Old Navy we go. We find a coat, but it fits just right and we want a size bigger. I am hoping to find it at another store. We picked up a pair of chocolate velvet pants, a scarf, two long sleeve t-shirts and a pair of pj bottoms. Everything but the scarf was on-sale. We headed next door to Justice. It is a store for 8-12 year old girls. I think Emily fell in love the moment we walked into the store. Jacob wanted to go to a boy store. It was so pink and frilly. It was also very pricy. Emily found a diary here that she wanted to get. So I let her. It is a High School Musical themed journal and she was SO excited!!



Here is a picture of her in her pink sweater and velvet pants with the journal.

We ran into Target and picked up a pink sweater to go with the pants we got at Old Navy and a red shirt with sparkles. We had a good time and she still has quite a bit of money left.

We got home kinda late so I sent her into the house and we brought the packages into the house later that night. Josh was looking through the bags at things she picked out and was less than pleased with the journal she picked out. You see, it has a picture of a boy on the front, and that’s it. It is the boy from High School Musical, but he still was less than pleased with it. I personally think Emily only likes it because it is High School Musical, not because of the boy, but I will let her daddy squirm for a while before I let him in on that little secret.



After shopping!! She was so excited!

2 comments:

Amy said...

I'm sorry, but I'm with Josh on the journal. Emily is only four years old and she doesn't need to be into that kind of stuff. She is still four, isn't she? Let me think...yeah. She's four. Because if she was eight that would make me...Doh!

Anonymous said...

My shopping gene is passed on!!! MY LEGACY LIVES!!!

Mom