Thursday, December 21, 2006

Conversations with my daughter

While out doing some more last minute shopping last night with my two kids, mostly to get out of the house and away from my strep infested husband, I look over at Emily who is sitting in her seat with her eyes rolled back into her head almost comatose.
“Sleepy?” I asked her knowing full well that the last two weeks have been go-go-go for her. She has been loving it, but by about 7pm she is wiped.
“No, no” She says, and tries to perk up, afraid she might miss something. I say to her, “Well, Emily starting on Saturday, Memaw and Pepaw will be here and we should slow things down. I will be off work and we sill just kinda chill-out for a while and catch our breath.”
“What about treasure hunts?” she demanded, “and shopping!”
“Shopping?” I say, thinking what a little brat, she just assumes that because I won’t be working that she will go shopping.
“Memaw loves to SHOP!” Emily exclaims and I chuckle to myself.
Yes mother, be prepared to shop, Emily expects it!

3 comments:

Amy said...

You have GOT to quit busting your parents chops for being old.
“Well, Emily starting on Saturday, Memaw and Pepaw will be here and we should slow things down."
Why don't you just get them afghans for their laps for Christmas?

Susan said...

Maybe I will, I am sure little old Memaw and Pepaw would love an afgahn for Chriatmas, to help keep the chill off their bones.

Nah- they like treasure hunting far more than afghans.

Anonymous said...

My graddaughter...I'm so proud!(Imagine me with a slight smile and a tear oozing outof the corner of one eye.)

Mom