Friday, December 22, 2006

It's beginning to look alot like Christmas

All but one present is bought, all the presents are wrapped, the parents are on their way here, Josh has strep throat, I still have baking to do and it is FINALLY “cold” outside. We are down to about 59 degrees. It is beginning to look a lot like Christmas. Today is last day at work for a week, so I maybe MIA for a while. With the parents here, and staying for a while (YEAH!) and the kids out of school (darn) I will be busy with life.

Things I am looking forward to this next week:

  • My parents arrival.
  • My husband getting better.
  • The kids NOT getting the gunk.
  • Me NOT getting the gunk.
  • Baking cookies with the kids.
  • Opening presents, I haven’t peeked AT ALL this year, a first I do believe.
  • Watching the kids open their gifts, because I haven’t peeked AT ALL this year.
  • Watching my husband open his gift, hee hee. He is going to love it!
  • Making a ham AND a turkey-although not at the same time for the same meal-thank goodness.
  • Shopping-with mom of course, see previous entry.
  • Having my parents meet Amy’s parents. It’s almost like we have been dating for years, and are going to “take the plunge” and now the parents have to meet. We truly believe that two sets of parents who have such decent kids must be able to get along, maybe even like each other. We also don’t know how 10 years have past and parents have never met. It may just be our Christmas miracle.
  • Opening our gift to “baby Jesus”-After watching A Charlie Brown Christmas with Jacob he asked some questions and decided that because we are celebrating Jesus’ birthday that he should get a gift. He doesn’t even want to open it, but keep it forever and take it with him when he goes to heaven to meet God and Jesus. I told him I thought it was a fabulous idea to get Jesus a birthday gift, but I think we should open it and remember why we love Jesus and are happy he came to earth for us. He seems ok with that idea. So I think we maybe starting a new family tradition this year with a gift for Jesus and his birthday.
  • Finding a really cool nativity scene after Christmas, maybe it will help facilitate some of Jacob’s questions next year.
  • Just slowing down. This has been two of our most busy weeks in months.
  • Not working.
  • Finishing the play-room- It has the first coat of paint, but needs another.
  • Singing Christmas Carols with my kids. They love Feliz Navidad.
  • Enjoying the precious time that God has granted me with my family.

4 comments:

Amy said...

Some kids from church used to sing Feliz Navidad to Dad, but they would say, "Puh-leeze Mr.Dodd"

Our parents are actually going to meet. What if they don't like each other and they insist that we can't continue our friendship? We didn't even consider that monkey wrench!

Susan said...

I don't even want to think of such things. They have to LOVE each other. In fact, at least knowing how my father is, they will recive Christmas cards from them every year from now on-even if we (heaven forbid) loose touch. That's how my folks roll.

Amy said...

Ethel! Don't say such things! We will never lose touch! How could we? I'm a universal donor. What if you needed a kidney? My blood type makes me a good friend to have in anybody's Rolodex.

Susan said...

Good to know... I may just need a kidney. Sometimes mine like to give me trouble. I think yours will do just fine.

Well, I don;t know if I could take anything from your poor, thin, frail body. I would hate to break you in half. But-I might, for a kidney.