Thursday, November 09, 2006

Fashion Emily



It’s started. For the longest time Emily has only cared about her appearance if I made her care. I would be the one to tell her that while both pieces of clothing are pink, they don’t necessarily match and stripes and floral prints in clashing colors are not appropriate for leaving the house. This morning she wanted her hair straightened with a hair thingy placed in it and a cute outfit that she chose all on her own. BUT WAIT!!! The shoes, her pink sneaks don’t match, she is wearing blue and white. What to do? “Mom, can I wear my cheer shoes? They are all white and MATCH!!” Yes, Emily, you can wear your cheer shoes in order to match. I thought I had a few more years, but my nearly eight-year-old daughter has chosen to become a bit of a fashion diva. I hope this hasn’t happened because we watch Ugly Betty together; it is our new favorite show to watch together. Hmmmm. But I was a quick enough mother to grab the camera and mark the day my daughter figured out how to be “fashionable.”

2 comments:

Sarah said...

I didn't gain that sense till I was about 20. Earlier to some than others :)

Of course some kids are born with it...

Amy said...

That is not cool. Maybe you should go back to Sesame Street for some detox. (She does look really cute)