Thursday, October 26, 2006

I got nothing

We have had a fairly regular couple of days here. Emily got in trouble at school yesterday for hitting (twice in one month-UGH) and Jacob got in trouble for messing with the timer on the oven while it was on. Nobody had brownies last night.

This weekend, we have a very uneventful time planned; comp aired to the last couple. We have soccer, cheer, pumpkin patch and well, that’s it. Sunday we have the fall festival at church-but also, that’s it. So I am looking forward to catching up on laundry, cleaning out the summer clothes and weeding out the two small winter clothes, as it may have decided to become cold enough to at least wear pants to school. It is warm by 3, but the mornings are extra chilly.

Today is day 32 with no/limited tv time for the kids. They don’t seem to miss it too much, only on the weekends. We caved a little bit and they watched a movie last Friday and 1 hour of cartoons on Disney on Sunday. I think that maybe the compromise the come to. Choose a movie and that’s it or 2 half hour shows. Emily’s attitude is improving, she still has a hard time in the mornings, but we all do. She doesn’t want to take a bath when she wakes up, but she doesn’t want to take a bath at night either. And with her need to read 2o minutes a day for homework by the time I get home, cook dinner, clean up, bathe Jacob it is usually time fro bed. We are going to have to figure out a different system.

We are trying to save for a vacation to Disney World we want to try and go right before Christmas, BUT that may not happen. If not we are looking at Spring Break. There are a few factors that may keep us from going in December. One being flights. I will have two free tickets, but there are four people in our family. If I could get a $49 flight that would be ok, but I can’t. It will cost almost $1,000 extra just for 2 flights. That is the major one, second is we can’t book any of it until almost right before we would go. Timing and whatnot. So it maybe Spring before we go, but Josh and I are excited about the idea. We have not told the kids, as to not get them hyped about it if it doesn’t happen. Anyhow… I think the kids are old enough to enjoy it and Jacob can ride all but 1 ride!! The Rockin Roller Coaster, which I don’t know if I would like him to ride anyway! It is an AWESOME ride as an adult, I mean you go from 0-60 with the force of a super sonic F-14. Cool for me, not so much for my skinny little man.
So I guess I did have plenty to say and didn’t know it… who knew?

No comments: