Monday, October 23, 2006

The Cake

I can’t believe I forgot to mention this:

I made a cake from scratch today!!! And it was good!!!

My office has its annual Thanksgiving Luncheon with a dessert contest. The prize is a one paid day off. So I am all about that!! Last year I entered my pumpkin cheesecake and didn’t crack the top three. Boooo!!!! So this year I am out to win! I attempted a new recipe on Saturday that was supposed to be THE best dessert recipe EVER! So I tried it. It had some flaws (too much vanilla in the icing and the pecans where too much for me, I may have to figure out how to get the flavor without the nut), some personal changes I will make, but over all it was good. So next time, with my changes made, it will be AWESOME!!!! I am so excited. So I had Josh take the rest of the cake to work, as we don’t need a two layer cake with frosting which has 2 sticks of butter in it sitting around our house.
But I made a cake AND icing from scratch!!! I may not be able to make a lasagna, but I can bake with the best of them. I only want to win this one contest. Just one. Banana pudding has won two years in a row. Lets hope my Hummingbird Cake can break the cycle!!!

No comments: