Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Art Night/Book Fair

So last night was the Art Night/Book Fair at the kids school. I was not sure what Art Night was, but my mom left the kids money to use at the book fair so off we went. The book fair was a succsess. Emily was disapointed at first becasue they didn't have one of her wish list books anymore but we found "Super Fly Guy" which is by the same author as "Parts" "More Parts" and others that she LOVES!!! So she was thrilled when I showed it to her, becasue it doesn't look like a book she would have ever picked up, but as it sat there on the shelf, I couldn't help but pick it up. The cover was shiny, and I like shiny. So books AND bookmarks were bought with Memmaws book fair money, mom picked up the tax and off we went to Art Night. Here is a picture of the books that were purchased:



Art night is the cafeteria full oif paper, crayons, markers, finger paint, chalk and string art. WOW, what a mess. We didn't stay nearly as long as they wanted, but I have a cold and I wanted to go home. Here is the product of Art Night:



We went home home and had "dinner" Here is Jacob eating his dinner:



Yes, those are pop-tarts. He is so picky, and I think he is tired of nuggets and rolled tacos. All he wants to eat is cheese for dinner, and I won't let him only eat cheese.

Here is what should be a familiar site to my parents minus the Spagetti-o's. I never was much of a fan.


I haven't been able to get her to put those books down all evening and again this morning. Which isn'ta horrible thing, I suppose. She loved "Super Fly Guy" and it is a chapter book, and she read it to me and Jacob last night. It was a great time.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh many is the night that we sat at supper, just the four of us...Dad, Mom, Susan, and a book! There are worse things she could be doing.

Mom

Susan said...

I know, that is why when I saw her sitting there eating while reading I had to snap a picture!

Anonymous said...

She seems so angelic...hardly the type of child who would get in trouble! Perhaps she could earn good time by reading to be subtracted from her grounded time? Maybe even a cell phone?

the softy memaw

Anonymous said...

'm sure PePaw will want framed versions of these masterpieces for his office! (blank space left for PePaw to say No) He didn't say no so that may be your Christmas shopping for the difficult one!


always helpful,
MeMaw