Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Scabs and pictures, whats a mom to do?

Why is it that when my parents are coming into town to visit and to have professional pictures made with them and the family that BOTH of my children have scabs on their face?

Emily was playing flag football with her daddy and the folks on the block and got taken down. She has road rash on her butt, knee, elbow, forhead and nose. Lovely.

Jacob was at soccor practice on Monday night and was taken down. He has a scab on his forhead.

I am not sure what I will end up doing. I think Jacobs may be gone by Friday. in time for the pictures to be made, if not his is on his hairline, and not entirely noticable. Emily's are healing, but doing so at an alarmingly slow rate. The one on her forehead is probably the worse, but is covered by her bangs. The nose one is the least of the bunch, but... it is on her nose. The butt one won't show (it is on her butt) and the ones on her knees are ok, but very large and red. She is supposed to wear a khaki shirt. Yeah.

But my parents are on their way, traveling from Kentucky and should arrive sometime tonight. I seriously can not wait. I enjoy their visits, plus I am taking half days the rest of the week and I am FINALLY getting a much needed hair cut so I don't look ridiculous in the pictures.

No comments: