Monday, February 04, 2008

Wow, it is actually going to happen

Wow, it is almost real. We are really going on this long awaited trip and I can hardly believe it. I have wanted to return to Disney World since I last left it almost 8 years ago. I love the magic and whimsy of it all. Even though I have seen the underbelly of the “show” that they produce everyday while working there, I still love the idea of taking my children to such a wonderful place. Even though I have seen The Little Mermaid smoking out back with her fin unzipped, I want more to see my kids faces light up when they see the castle.

We have been planning this trip for years, the kids have heard me talk about it time and time again. I think Jacob is excited at the possibility (as he gave me the money he made in his garg sell yesterday to go towards our trip to Disney World, even though he doesn’t know we are going in 3 months!) of going, I don’t think he even really knows what the whole thing is about, but he is still excited at the possibilities. And even though Emily has been to the Magic Kingdom she doesn’t remember it, and when we talk about it her eyes light up. I can’t wait to see their faces when they see where we are going.

And now it is almost real, because today, I bought the flights for Emily, Jacob and I. We will see if Josh is going to come, haha- I am half a credit from getting a free flight, so we are holding off to book his, as I should get that extra credit sometime soon, hopefully. And then it will only cost $10 to book his flight to join us. It is an amazing feeling knowing that we are actually going. I can’t wait. It’s only 88 more days! I think I might drive Josh a little crazy talking about dining reservations and height requirements (Jacob can ride all but 2 as it stands right now, and he is only 2 inches short for those 2!). But I really don’t care who I drive crazy because this is our big vacation that I can’t wait to take!

Now I just have to get over my fear of calling and booking the room/tickets/meal plan. That really scares me for some reason.

No comments: