Friday, February 08, 2008

Life has really been eating me alive this week. I have been super, duper busy with not a moment in time to work on anything truly fun. with the exception of actually booking the trip and making quite a few other plans.

So, let’s see, what has been going on here…

On Tuesday night we had a second failed attempt to attend the science fair. We now know FOR SURE it is next Tuesday. We got a note home yesterday confirming this. I am about ready to kick myself over it. Plus, you have to love how the PTO hi-jacks the affair and requires that you attend the PTO meeting before the Science Fair. I get that that the PTO is important, but, everybody volunteers in their own ways and the Sumpters have sold their soul to all things Scout.

Wednesday night we hurried up and headed over to church. The kids have this new class that they really seem to enjoy- it is more activities based and they are excited to attend church on Wednesday night, which is more than I could say when I was their age. I also enjoy going because we have begun a new Beth Moore study. I think I will really enjoy it, I just got my book this week, because I was out of town last week. So now I am playing a little bit of catch up but I am excited at the possibilities.

Last night we had Boy Scouts, at our house. 7 boys that are 7 years old running around like hose monkey’s, need I say more?

And then, there is the cookies. Thank goodness we are only 2 full weeks away from the end of the sale. Emily is about 380, still a ways to go to hit her mark, but we have three booths this weekend and hopefully we will boost those numbers up here this weekend. Work has dried up, I have only sold like 6 boxes all week, yuck. I was selling 20 boxes a day the first week. So, I hope we can make our goal of 540 and she can earn all the stuff she is aiming for. I am ready to be done, because I am afraid we are going to end up with a ton of cookies. I am not checking anymore out because I am afraid to have to turn them back in. I am not going to be the one to turn in too many. Not me, no sir-ee.

So there is our life in a nut-shell.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What is a hose monkey? Is that a Texas thing?

dear old dad