Friday, February 01, 2008

A two week update

It has been a day or two since my last post and many things have happened around our household.

Most importantly I turned 30. It was a great day, I got everything I wanted and more. Except the promotion, but I didn’t let it dampen my day at all.



Cookie sales are going very well. As of this morning Emily was at 258 boxes sold and we have both a Wal Mart booth and a Wag A Bag booth tomorrow, so we should be able to kick it up over 300 in no time. We are ALMOST half way there. I am not sure we will make it, but I am sure hopeful! She is neck in neck with another girl in the troop for most cookies sold. It will be a race to the end!



Jacob had his pine wood derby last weekend. He only won one race in his heat, but he had a great time and I feel good about next years race. There were a ton of boys participating and there were some really neat cars racing.




Josh received official notification that he has been released from the county last week. A bit of a bummer, but not a surprise at all. The surprise is that because he could never take/have any time off his check for unpaid vacation and holiday pay is enough for us to take a nice little vacation. We are planning a nice little SURPRISE trip to Disney World this spring. We are not telling the kids, but I am so excited I may pee myself. Plus we can’t really tell the kids, because we have been having some trouble with behavior and don’t want it to seem like we are rewarding the bad behavior.

I guess nothing besides cookies and planning a surprise trip is going on with me. But that is plenty for me. And the whole turning 30, well, that was exhausting. I am glad its over and the stress of it has past. Now I just have to figure out how to get my face back up where it used to be.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

At least it just your face that has fallen. Wait until you are fifty...everything falls and gravity is no longer your friend.

Mom