Friday, February 22, 2008

Update

An update blog- nothing really interesting or life changing, but I haven’t been excited to speak about anything in particular, but have wanted to put “pen to paper” all week, and nothing seems to come out well.

Josh is enjoying his new job, it has its good and bad days and challenges. But I think that it is something he can excel in and I am excited to see him loving his job again.

Emily did well in the science fair. It was a few weeks ago and everybody got a participation ribbon. She enjoyed herself and was proud she had entered. I have a feeling we will be conducting 2 science experiments next year. She also has started to do better in school. We received a progress report last week and she has raised most of her grades and only one of them is below what we would like it to be. I think it was this time last year that she started doing better, so maybe it just takes her a little longer to grasp the concepts and run with them. When I gave her a spelling test last night she only missed 2 and they were the hardest 2 words, one which I still struggle with today. So I think we are trucking right along with school. The dreaded TAKS test is on March 5th and I am anxious for that to be behind us and get ready for the next one. I am confident she will pass, but nervous at the same time.

Jacob is going to drive me crazy. Plain and simple. He won’t eat, he poops in the bathtub and he has turned into this horribly whiny child. Last night we had another showdown over dinner. We had lasagna, which was really good for coming from a frozen box and he tried to throw up while “trying” it. I was so angry. It just about threw both Josh and I over the edge because all he eats is chips, crackers, carrots and rice crispy treats. Ugh, I don’t know what I am going to do with him. He got into big trouble at school this week and lost recess for the week and the Wii at home. He is just struggling in every way possible.

I am doing well. I am in the process of getting prepared to start looking for teaching positions again this spring/summer to begin in the fall. Hopefully if I hit it hard and fast this spring I will be able to go into the summer knowing that I will be in the classroom this fall. Also, I am busy planning our fabulous trip to Disney World and now a cruise with my best friend Amy. I love to travel and feel like this is the year to do it. I want to do and see as much as possible. I want to take the kids and expose them to as much as possible. I got called for Jury Duty! I am so excited. It is in a couple of weeks and I can’t hardly wait! I know it sounds silly, but I have wanted to be called for a while and I am so excited that I finally was. I hope I get picked and actually get to see the entire process.

So that is all for us. Same boring stuff as usual, but I need to break the writers block that I have.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

He must be eating something...at least enough to poop!

Mom

Amy said...

That was my thought exactly, Pam.

Harmony said...

We struggle with Ryland not eating either. He is down so skinny. He got sick last night even because he had next to nothing to eat all day long. So I understand your struggle. I wish I knew a solution. Let me know if you find one.