Thursday, August 16, 2007

We have been having another bought of Mean Girls here in the neighborhood.

I hurt having to stand back and watch Emily muddle through such a difficult time. But I know I can only show support and share ideas of how to handle the situations that are constantly coming about. I am not sure how else to handle it. I want so much to run over and pop the Double A’s in the mouth for how hurtful and mean that they are to Emily, but I know that will not help the situation at all.

I know she is learning that not everybody in this world is going to want to be her friend, or even play with her on a hot summer day. But it still hurts me to see my sweet first born have to learn these horrible life lessons at such an early age because of a couple of nasty kids that have no adult supervision and have not once in their lives heard the word “no” come from their “parents” lips.

She is only 8 for goodness sakes. She is already over being a grown-up and ready to be a kid again.

All I know is that we are super excited to watch High School Musical 2 together tomorrow night while Josh has to work. We are going to Bop-Bop-Bop to the top!

No comments: