Tuesday, August 28, 2007

The First Day of School (only a day late this year!)

Yesterday was the first day of school for the kids. Emily was up early, ready to hit the road. She is super excited about school. She loves her teacher and I hope she continues to like her throughout the year. This year they don’t have a treasure chest, like she has in the past years, but a Scholar Dollar system. They earn money for behavior and special projects. In time you can earn up to 1000 scholar dollars and “cash them in” for items, like stuffed animals and even a bike! Emily is trying for a bike. I hope she can do it! She is also anxious about the TACS test. I am sad that she is already apprehensive about a test.

Jacob was not as excited about school, but as the morning wore on, he became more excited. I think he will enjoy being in Mrs. O’Nan’s class. He proudly read his first little book last night and seems to be more excited today. It appeared that he was ready for school after the first day and proudly told me that nobody had to pull a card in class. Something he remembers vividly from when Emily was in first grade.


So here they are ready to go. I can hardly believe that they are as old as they are and as grown up as they have become. I will go weep now.






No comments: