Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Yesterday Josh was at the local HEB *plus* in the garden section when he turned around to find that Jacob was stuffing sunflower seeds down his pants. Now I know that my son enjoys stuffing things down his pants, but this is a new one. I think the only reason he didn’t come home with those seeds is that Daddy caught him. The most frustrating thing about the whole situation was that he wouldn’t tell me. He refused. He cried and rubbed his little eyes and became a big old swollen mess before he fell asleep- without ever telling me what happened. This saddens and scares me. I wish he felt like he could tell me when he has made mistakes. His punishment was not being able to go with Mrs. Ann to see Shrek the Third yesterday with a whole group of kiddos.

Emily talked me into a “practice bra” which she now loves. A little too much. She is constantly worried about if it has been washed, where is it? Blah, blah, blah! She is going to drive her daddy crazy about it. But the other problem that seems to go hand in hand with the purchase of this particular item, is that she suddenly thinks she is a grown up. For real. She needs to hurry up and get over herself, fast. Because she is not 16, she does not have a job and she is not as important as she thinks she is. Emily now believes she runs the household. Maybe I should start charging rent.

1 comment:

Amy said...

Poor, naive Emily. Today it's, "What fun! A bra!" Tomorrow it will be, "Steel bars, wrapped all around me. I've been a prisoner since the day you found me." If only she could have held out a bit longer. Why doesn't she listen to Auntie Amy? Why?