Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Two boys and a tree

Last night when I got home Jacob was outside with his new little friend Cameron. They were playing with the pirates and having a grand time. I went inside and was talking with Josh when I heard the water come on outside. As you may or may not know my son loves to turn the hose on. I don’t know why, but the boy loves him some water. So I go outside and fuss in a fun, cool mother way. I grab my camera and take a few shots of the tow of them, thinking, oh, what a fun little fluffy blog this will be for tomorrow.




About an hour later we send Jacob home with Cameron to pick up Emily, who was hanging with Cameron’s older sister. Emily hits the door and says, “Do you know what those boys did?” We assume she means the mess in the garage- pirates and matchbox cars were everywhere. We tell her yes and tell her to get inside and get to eating her dinner. I certainly cannot even remember why Josh went outside, but I hear him yell “Susan!” and I jump up and run outside. This is what I found.





What possesses two 5 year olds to mangle a tree like that? Why? I just don’t understand why they did it. Jacob is in the biggest trouble of his life- he has lost his beloved pirates until school is out- which is only 2 days, but he was very ashamed. We had a chat about it, and I had to explain to Emily why I didn’t march over to Cameron’s house and tell on him. So all sorts of lessons were learned last night and out poor tree looks so, so sad.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Maybe you should just take the advice on Jacob's shirt.

Mom