Monday, May 14, 2007

Weekend Update-with pictures

Another full weekend at our house. On Saturday we had final games of Soccer and Volleyball and a Girl Scout meeting. Emily’s team lost and Jacobs team won. After Jacob’s game his team had a party at the YMCA which included pizza, cake and playtime in the huge play area.


After the Girl Scout meeting Emily went with Chelsa to her dance recital and Jacob and I got to hang out.

It was really, really fun just hanging out with Jacob. We needed to go to the Girl Scout shop and to HEB. And because I was thrilled to be hanging out with him alone we went to Dairy Queen to full ourselves for our long journey ahead of us. After the Girl Scout shop and before HEB we went to the Party Pig to search for Scooby Doo birthday stuff for his party. Since his birthday will take place while he is in Kentucky with ALL the grandparents and Mayfield, KY is a small town, I wasn’t sure we could find a Scooby Doo cake topper at the Wal-Mart or Dollar General so we went a hunting. While we were walking up to the store he asked what the name of the store was. I told him, “Party Pig”- well you would have thought I farted, burped and spit water out my nose he laughed so hard. He thought it was HILARIOUS! After finding what we needed and a few things we didn’t need at the Party Pig we headed to HEB for my prescription and then to Mrs. Amy’s mom and dad’s house.


We posed Jacob and Ian for a few cute Americana shots and then got a few more with Kenzie in them by chance.

Jacob had a great time- truth be told, I think because Emily wasn’t there they all got along better. I think she is turning into a bit of a bully and I am not sure how to stop it.



But the kids had a great time digging and playing in the dirt and I think Jacob asked about 12 times on Sunday if we could go over to their house again. I kept telling him, next Saturday, honey, next Saturday. (I hope that you have no plans Amy, because we will be there.)



Sunday was nice. I got some very sweet presents from the kids and they both melted down to hysterical tears at least 12 times each. It was a fabulous mothers day. I think the best part was when they went to play outside with their friends and I got to watch ER uninterrupted.

Over all a very good weekend. I am already ready for the next one.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Emily isn't bossy...she just knows the best way to do EVERYTHING! If ya'll would just listen to her, everything would be F-I-N-E!

Love and kisses,
Mom