Thursday, April 12, 2007

WARNING! This is gross!

On Tuesday night Jacob made a friend. There was a little boy running around the neighborhood that I had not ever seen before, but was about Jacobs’s age. They played in the garage with Jacobs’s pirates and had a grand old time. I was sorry when I had to send him away because it was time for Jacob to come into the house for a bath and bed.
Last night I drove up and the little boy was outside playing again with the older kids in the neighborhood. When I picked up Jacob I told him to go on and play with his new little friend. They played nicely outside with the pirates for a little bit and then asked to come inside. They came in and played in the trashed out play room for a while. Then Jacobs new friend had to use the restroom. We the poor boy was in there for 12 minutes. I only know this exact time because I was watching the clock for Chelsa who had to be home at 7:00. While he was in there I went and knocked on the door twice to ask if everything was ok. I was worried that he was out of toilet paper or that, oh I don’t know- was confused. When he finally came out I could smell the restroom from across the house. He had shut the door when he came out, so I slowly opened the door and was shocked at what I found. To begin the stench was nearly unbearable. I had to gasp and step back. The sink was filled with a brownish colored water. I was almost to scared to unplug the drain, but I needed to know what I was dealing with. I pushed down the plug and the water slowly drained, I was left with poop in the sink. POOP IN THE SINK! Who does this!?! There was poop on the side of the toilet bowl, on the inside, and poop wiped on the floor. There was pee on the floor and the rug was wet. So I set off to clean up some other kids poop. And as I did it I thought of Amy. Not because I often associate her with poop, but I know over the years she has cleaned up both of my kids poop at one point or another. So first I must officially apologize to her for my kids leaving poop where it doesn’t belong and thank her for cleaning it up and second, how gross is it to clean up someone else’s kids poop? IT. IS. GROSS!

2 comments:

Amy said...

That takes the cake. Just how confused do you have to be to get it in the sink? I don't recall ever being uncertain as to where poop belonged.
For the record, your kids have never misplaced their poop to that extent.

Susan said...

Good to know. I like to think my kids "misplace" poop in normal kid ways, not in crazy woodsy ways.