Monday, August 28, 2006

She is growing up!

WARNING!!!!

If anybody speaks of this to my daughter I will physically hurt you!!! She trusted me and I do not want her to think she can’t tell me things in confidence!!! Keep your mouths shut!!!!

But it is SOOOOOO cute!!


Last night Emily comes into the living room when she is supposed to be sleeping. She has this look on her face that I just can’t quite describe. She looks shyly at me and asks, “Mom, what would you think if I had a boyfriend?” Immediately after she says this she throws her self down on the couch, very much full of embarrassment. I say, “Well, Emily, do you have a boyfriend?” She looks up at me very dramatically and says, “Yes” and throws herself back onto the couch. I am giggling at her because of her dramatic answer to everything, plus she was soaking up the attention. I ask her his name for which she replies “Isaiah” and I think, I know that little boy. He lives down the street, far enough away that they are not allowed to play together but close enough that you pass his house to get to ours. I ask her if this is the boy and she tells me that it is. I ask her if she has kissed him and she enthusiastically replies “NO!!” I ask her how long has he been her boyfriend and she says “Well, on the second day of school I told him he was my boyfriend.” My, my, my. What am I going to do? She begged me not to tell anyone and especially not her daddy.

So, it is all of our little secret. Shhhhhhhhhhh!!!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

I won't tell...

Anonymous said...

So does he come from a good family? Does he have a job? How smart is he? These are the questions ANY interferring grandma would ask if...I was allowed to speak to Emily about her true love. Guess I will have to wait until she is 16!

Mom