Tuesday, August 08, 2006

The library card

On Saturday I was looking for something cheap and fun to get the kids out of the house while the husband slept and we took a trip down to the local public library. Now I had been to the library back a few years ago when we first moved to Round Rock. I had checked a few books out and my dumb dog, Cookie, chewed one of them up. Well since then, we have owed the Round Rock City Library $30.00. So I swallowed my pride, paid the fine and entered the world of books once again. Well, as we were paying the fine Emily asked if she could get her own library card. I said sure, lets do it. So after I filled out a short form they issued Emily her very first library card. She was so excited. She had to sign her name on the back of the card.

I think we need to discuss what her name actually is. She signed Emily And Sumpter .Oh well, I always knew she was special.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Cute!
Emmy bent hers immediately after getting it and it made me mad.
But she likes it, even if she is a bit young.

Susan said...

Jacob was very upset because he couldn't get one. You have to be 6 to get one at that library. Oh well, he is just having to hurry up and wait on quite a few things.