Wednesday, August 23, 2006


Last Saturday I spent the morning with MIL and ran some errands so that Josh could sleep. We ran to the movie store and the library and before too long my sweet, beautiful, loving son decided to become the span of the devil. He was screaming in the stores and crying uncontrollably. Plus, none of my usual tactics to ensure that the behavior would stop would work. So… we took the MIL home and suddenly he stopped and became the sweet, charming son that I have come to know and love. (I am 99.8% sure the his behavior was not the result of the MIL as the kids fought in the car all the way to her house and were so poorly behaved prior to picking her up that the chance to see a movie was taken away) So we decide to hit up one last place prior to going home and inevitably waking the husband up from his slumber. We drive down the YMCA in order to sign the kiddo up for fall sports. Josh had tried to do it a few weeks ago, but he was to early. So now registration is in full swing and as soon as we enter the door the nice lady looks at Emily and says, “ Are you here to sign up for cheerleading?” Well the answer was NO when we walked in the door, but Yes by the time we left. What have I gotten myself into? She wanted to play T-ball or baseball but that is a spring sport only if you are over the age of 4. So her only other choices were volleyball or soccer. We had played soccer before and she wasn’t all that into it, and I tried really hard to turn her onto the idea of volleyball, but I had no luck and so cheerleading it is. Plus the cheerleading sign up sheet was pink and volleyball was green. Evil YMCA! So $117 lighter on the way out the door (and we were only supposed to pay for uniforms if they picked a regular sport, but that is not good enough for my baby) She is now the owner of a pink YCheer practice shirt, she will be measured for a “real” cheer uniform and we picked up Jacob’s soccer shirt while we were there. I love being a parent.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Cool that you got them into sports. Good luck with the cheer thing. I don't know what I will do if Emmy decides to be interested in cheer.

Jacob is 4 or 5? That's about the right age for those random crying days. Sorry it was so bad. And good luck on the job thing!

Anonymous said...

It really sucks when they get a mind of their own...but not a pocketbook! You end up paying for years and years of ballet lessons...lessons...oh, excuse me that would be MY daughter with the ballet lessons! Heads up darling. It can only get better!

Mom

Susan said...

Jacob is 5 and ready to rock!!!
And I agree that all children should get a job, so I can use that money to buy that really cute Coach purse I found the other day.

Grrr