Thursday, May 04, 2006

This week we had Emily's parent teacher conference. I love mrs. O'Nan. She is such a good teacher. Emily is 1 level above grade level in reading now! She will go to the second grade!!! We are so excited. If only we could get her to loose the attitude we would be doing great. She is just about crazy!! I am about to pull all of her toys and give her three outfits and hide the rest of it. She is so disrespectful of everythign she owns. We can't find any of the new summer clothes we bought her becasue she stuffs them in her closet, and they are never to be seen again. She has one last chance, this weekend she has to clean, and clean good.

This week has been non stop. I can not wait until it is over. Last night was the only night I did not have something going on, and that is because I chose not to go to church. I wanted to go, but I needed an earlynight.

Reunion stuff is in high gear. So much to do, only a little over a month to do it! ACK!

Josh might try to go a different direction with his job. There is a greivence officer position opening up. It would be 8-5. M-F with high visablility, which is what he needs right now. Not the hurry up and wait routine we are getting with the training officer position. We shall see what happens.

Thats it. So busy, busy...

3 comments:

Sarah said...

I'm excited about Emily!

Maybe with the cleaning thing- first take stuff away, and as you reintroduce it, do it step-by-step and re-teach her how to clean up her room. A big messy room can be overwhelming to a kid. Teach her to clean all the shoes, then all the books, then all the clothes, etc. Break it down into smaller chunks.

That's so cool that she is above level with reading! Way to go!

Susan said...

Thanks Sarah, you have no idea how good that makes me feel, and after the day I ahve had, I could use it!!

Amy said...

If Emily can learn to keep a clean room AND be at a second grade reading level she will be smarter than a lot of high school graduates. You can do it!