Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Girl Scouts


Last weekend Emily had her closing ceremony for her Brownie troop. In her hands are all the patches that she earned this year. I think it is a total of 16. She is also wearing the hat, skort and belt that she bought that morning at the Girl Scout shop using her cookie credits that she earned while selling cookies this year. She has such a good time and loved girl scouts so much. So much in fact that becasue her troop leader is moving and the assist. troop leasder was turned in for bad behaviour that I stepped up and volunteered to take over the troop. So now, Josh and I are troop leaders, to a troop of 2. But we were told we would get any new girls that signed up, so at least we are confident that our troop will grow. I am excited about being the troop leader, I wanted to volunteer to be the assistnant leader, but crazy lady jumped on it before I could. So, now I am it.

We are proud of our girl, and that she has finally found somethign she likes to do, for more than 2 or 3 months. Now Jacob wants to be in Boy Scouts, but he has to wait until 1st grade.

6 comments:

Amy said...

No wonder you are the Mom in charge. It looks like Emily is the only one happy to be there.

Amy said...

oh sure. send me e-mails to complain about no blogging in FIVE MINUTES when you can't even drag up enough energy to respond to a comment I left at 2:30. Shame on you, Ethel.

Amy said...

Shame, shame. Don't you know I am at work, trying to make a decent living, and you are giving me nothing to distract me. Shame.

Susan said...

I know, I am in this training today and no time to blog. Boohoo

Amy said...

At least your little comment was something. Thanks for that.

Susan said...

I do what I can...