Saturday, July 19, 2008

Look Ma! I can sew!

After trying and failing at threading the sewing machine which belongs to my MIL (who is currenlty in California, therefore little help with the whole threading thing) I finally begged Josh to pick up the instruction manuel. He did and I have had success!

Since I will be teaching this to students in approximately 5 weeks, I figured I needed to figure the whole sewing thing out. It has been quite a while and I have never been much of an expert.

Once I got started I thought, "I should blog my experience, because that's what I do."

Look, here is the machine, threaded properly with my material waiting to be sewed. I will be making two baby blankets. One which is humongous, perfect for the modest breast feeder and a smaller one, which was made from my left over material.


Here I show you my fabulous stitching.


This one shows you how focused I am. I am really getting after it.


Final product:




I am impressed with myself because I actually did it. They are not perfect, but will help keep somebodies baby warm this winter. And I gave myself the confidence that I can in fact to the job I have been hired to do: High School Family and Consumer Science teacher.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Instructions do make all the difference!!!

The blankets MIGHT make a wonderful first project for your beginning sewing class. And they are only one or two steps away from a pillow.

Your mom always thougtht you could do it.

Mom

Theresa said...

YAY SUSAN!!!!

They look great! Thankfully I can't have anymore children but if I could I would be buying those from you!

You are going to do so awesome at your new job! I am praying for you! Lift your head up and know that this is His plan for you. What a difference you are going to make in these children's life!

Good Job Lady!!!!