Sunday, July 20, 2008

I can't promise this won't become a craft blog

So I went to the WalMart today and bought some fabric. I made some aprons. I am absolutely no expert, but I am having a lot of fun learning and can't wait to try something else. I don't know what that will be, but the work week is starting, so there will be little time for sewing. The only problem I am really having is it hurts my back more than sitting at the computer for 8 hours a day. Oh, well, muscles will be built.

Here are the aprons I made today. Emily was going to model both of them, but she went next door and got sopping wet so she went straight to the shower and I wanted my picture then. Jacob reluctantly modeled it for me.

Here is my first attempt. I like it, but I need longer ribbon. I really think this would make a better child's apron, simply because the ribbons around the neck are so small. And look, that's Bessie in the back ground. Just plain dead.



Next is my second attempt. With no pattern, I was just winging it with my extra fabric. I really, really like this one.



Over all I am very pleased with my efforts. Too bad the bathrooms didn't clean themselves while I sewed. Hmmmmm....

4 comments:

Kim Heinecke said...

WEll, well, well...looks who's crafty... Love them. My favorite is the second one. Maybe it's because it's on a dude...

Anonymous said...

Perhaps the sewing gene skipped a generation--from your grandmother to you. Heaven knows I can't sew.

Mom

p.s. Please don't make your son model a polka dotted apron. Perhaps a manly outdoor grill apron but not a gathered polka dotted one. I'm just saying...

Susan said...

Oh my, you two made me laugh so hard. I promise not to ever make Jacob model a pink polka dotted apron on this blog ever again. Of course, I do have to say that he was quite reluctant to pose with the apron and suggested that I pose and he take the picture. However, Mom Rules.

Theresa said...

I love the aprons! Great job!!! You can make it a crafty blog if you want. I will enjoy it. I am the worst craft person ever so I really enjoy seeing other people's accomplishments!! Maybe you can make Amy one with those dead skin eating carp fish on it. LOL

See I told you that He had a plan!! :D