Monday, June 16, 2008

A pool story

I haven’t had much to say, or much time to say it in the last week. Ok, that’s a lie. I have a lot to say, but can’t say much of it, and I really haven’t had much time to say anything at all. So I can be mysterious about my “drama” only, its not really drama at all.

My weekend was long, boring and just kinda there. I did mountains of laundry and tried to be interested in doing anything except sit and do nothing.

We did some planning for Jacob’s birthday party, which is next weekend. We ordered/bought the cake from the best cake place in town. Really, they make donuts, but their cakes are to die for. We searched for party favors all over town, before I just went back to HEB, where I knew they were to begin with. Bought Jacob’s gift- it’s a biggie- all the money he gets for his birthday from all the grandparents is going in the communal basket for this one. I know he will just die when he opens it. When I showed Emily, he jaw dropped and she was washed over with envy. I know I did good.

However, Jacob’s party was to be a swim party, just like his lat two have been. Maybe a little more exclusive- to those an invitation had been given, but a swim party none the less. He choose it over almost every other party idea I threw at him. Only now we have a problem.

You see we have a fairly low-key above ground PVC pipe pool. I can sit on the bottom and my head is still over the water. It is perfect for the neighborhood kids and it keeps the kids happy during the long summer months. Now, the pool had been looking pretty nasty as of late, so we ran the filter all night long (hello electric bill!) scooped out the debris, added chlorine tablets and it was looking fairly good. Josh went outside to change the filter and get it crystal clear- and hopefully stay that way for the party next weekend.

He unscrewed the top, set it to the side, replaced the filter, put the lid on and what?! The screw piece was missing. With out that piece the pump will not work- water just poured out of it, for hours, until the pool was nearly drained (hello water bill!). We still can not find the stupid lid. I think one of the dogs came and took it and we will never see it again. But we literally have looked all over the yard, the house, pockets, everywhere possible, and nothing.

We may be in trouble for the party.

***Edited to add***
Josh found a replacement part at Academy today! Yeah!

1 comment:

Kim Heinecke said...

Truthfully, kid parties stress me out. Kudos to you for taking one for the team!!