Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Jacobs crazy dance

I have two children. They couldn’t be much more different if I had tried. But one thing they both have in common is their “whiteness.” They are both so, so white. Both my husband and I are very pale as well. Now, call it global warming if you like, but the sun seems to be out this summer like never before. It is hotter than I ever remember being, and I come from Southern New Mexico, where it is HOT! I remember growing up and getting into a car, and your legs melting to the seat, almost literally. But this summer the heat has been cranked up. And here in central Texas, it is HOT!

Anyhow, it is really hot here as of late and the kids like to head out back and take a dip in the pool. I spray/rub them down with sunscreen, with reapplication at appropriate times and they still have ended up burnt to a crisp. The first burn they got this year was horrible. They both blistered and moaned and groaned about the pain for weeks. They also stayed away from the pool for a while. They went last week to the local swim park with their sitter and got burnt again. But this time it wasn’t nearly as bad, because they had that first layer of color on them.

Last night, I was chasing my son into the bath and he lowered his britches about 3 inches on his hiney and showed me his white, white, white booty. And giggled. When he laughed it caused me to loose it and began to giggle as well. Then, ladies and gentleman, he began to shake his little white booty at me, nearly falling over with laughter.

It was one of the funniest things I have seen in weeks. That boy, shaking his white rear-end at me while laughing his infectious laugh. I finally had to walk away, but only so I could tell my husband.

3 comments:

katierosmannyc said...

Dear Susan:

I am a reporter working on a story related with kids' birthday parties. I was wondering if I could pick your brain? Will you email me so we can discuss? I'd be most grateful!

Best, Katie
katherine.rosman@wsj.com

Natalie Witcher said...

Love it! Don't you love a good belly laugh!

deleise said...

Oh I love tiny white booties!