Friday, June 27, 2008

If you would like to be bored to death, please read the following.

Clever title, I know.

I have been absent from the old blog due to nothing. I haven’t been at work, so there has been little time for my brain to set to neutral, until today.

I am back in the office after a week “on the road” traveling. Only the traveling I do now is local, so I don’t think it really counts. Last weekend we had Jacob’s birthday party, which I believe was a smashing good time. But I also just love to hang out with Amy. Even the husbands got along better than normal. Jacob had loads of friends over and hot dogs and tacos to eat and a fabulous cake. He actually turned 7 yesterday, but since his plane to New Mexico to visit the grandparents leaves at 7:30am – that’s like a 4:30 wake up (Thanks Dad.) we had his party early rather than late.

He received his beloved Nintendo DS for a gift. I haven’t seen him since. Oh, just kidding, I saw him that one time on Tuesday when he came up for food- but not since.

No kidding, the kid is addicted. We have had to set some serious time restraints for the use of the system. Otherwise we might never see him.

Last night we went to eat his birthday dinner at a local Mexican joint of his choosing. We arrived early in order to miss the rush, which also was during Happy Hour. During Happy Hour they have free taco meat and queso at the chip and salsa bar and the kid ate 2 bowls of meat before our food came out. Of course then he only ate 1 taco.

After dinner we headed over to the always lovely Target in order for him to spend all of his birthday money. He had received quite the hall this year and it was burning a hole in his pocket. He purchased a new game for his DS, something Mario, I honestly don’t remember what it was. I do remember telling him that he could NOT buy the same game he already had for his DS for the Wii. Talk about a waste of money. He also purchased a Indiana Jones lego set and a Webkins earlier in the evening. He left the store with $10 still in his pocket. Or my pocket, because he always looses his money.

Emily spent her allowance that she had been saving for over a month on a camera. It is a small, cheep digital camera, but she is thrilled with her purchase as well.

I bought…. blush. I dropped mine about a month ago and have been dealing with the powder mess for long enough. It really was quite the exciting trip.

But speaking of Emily, I am reminded that I have been sneaking into her room at night and peaking into her notebook and finding beautiful drawings. Just fantastic. I think I am going to head over to Hobby Lobby this week while they are in New Mexico and see if I can find her a real drawing pad and some good color pencils. Right now she is just using a Number 2 pencil and notebook paper. These little drawings she is doing are better than anything I could ever do, much less at 9 years old, so I definitely want to encourage this gift she has discovered.

2 comments:

Theresa said...

Sounds like a fun birthday night!!

My hope turns 13 on Wednesday. We were going to have a pool party this weekend but the wild fires have made the air quality no fun. We will try again in a couple weeks.

That is so cool about Emily's gift of drawing. Good job Mom to find the talent and nurture it!!!!

Kim Heinecke said...

My kids have a DS. It's GREAT for car trips... or those Saturday 'errands' run that we drag them along with us. Shop at Game Stop or other "resale" stores because they can get some great deals on games. My guys trade games about every 2-3 months. So much cheaper than buying them new.

New blush! How fun. Sad how easily we can be entertained...