Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Our weekend recap

I was out of town for the end of last week, and my work computer crashed while I was out of town so I had no opportunity to blog anything until I got home and then we had a fabulously busy and productive weekend with little time for writing.

So on Friday afternoon I flew home and was able to pick my kids up from school. It was great. They were so excited to see me when they walked out the door of the school. I was thrilled to see them as well! I really do miss the little boogers while I am out of town now. I used to enjoy a few days of freedom, but now, I just miss them.

Once we had walked home we loaded up and off we went to the outlet mall. I needed to pick up a gift for a wedding we were attending and both children needed new church shoes. I found the present pretty easily and I even found a new dress for me for 50% off! We headed over to Payless for shoes because my daughter, my 8 year old daughter wears a size 6 in womens. I didn’t wear a size 6 until after I had given birth to her. And adult womens shoes at the outlet mall are all stripper shoes. We were successful after a bit of a pity party on Emily’s account and a mad search for shoes in Jacob’s size.

On Saturday we headed out early in the morning to the Home Depot for their childrens activity. The kids love doing this and they enjoyed this one as well. We built football hangers. We were also able to get the last project which was memory boxes. I think Emily will really enjoy doing this when we do it in the next couple of weeks.

After that we went home and fixed the fence that the dogs had broken while I was out of town and stained the bench that sits in our front lawn. It is a beautiful color now. I just love it. At this point we all got dressed for the wedding and headed out to Liberty Hill. Emily loves weddings and I always enjoy going to weddings, so we had a good time. Emily always thinks that the bride is beautiful.

After the wedding we dropped the kids off with grandma and Josh and I had our first date in ages. We went and saw the Bourne Ultimatum and ate at The Saltgrass. It was fabulous. I loved the movie and the steak.

The next day was fix a bunch of broken stuff and do laundry day at our house. We were highly productive and it was really nice.

On Monday I had a gift certificate for Build a Bear Workshop, so we headed out to the mall and built some bears. The kids had a great time and love their new bears. While at the mall I passed by Dillards and they were having their 75% off sale on shoes, so I poked around a bit and found a pair of shoes for me and Emily with a total of under $20. After the mall we headed over to Amy’s and hung with her for a while. We headed out with her and her children to a teachers store as she is home schooling and I needed multiplication flash cards for Emily. We both found lots of treasures, but were extremely well behaved. And then we went to the Goodwill Outlet. Who knew such a store existed? Amy found lots of clothes and I found a few things for Emily and a bike for Jacob. He needs a new bike as the one he has is made for a 2 year old. So I picked him up a bike for $6 and while it needs some TLC I think that Josh will have it ready for him to ride by the weekend and without killing our budget.

So that is my lovely weekend all rolled up into a whole lotta boring. But I had a great time, hanging with my husband, my kids and my best friend. Who could ask for anything more?

1 comment:

Amy said...

I am convinced that the Goodwill outlet store will be one of my new favorite places. And, so will Salt Grass.
I really enjoy your visits, Ethel.