Monday, March 19, 2007

The weekend recap

We had a fantastic weekend of nothing! No Scouts, no volleyball, no soccer, no work! Church was our only “obligation” and it was fun and fantastic. We are finally “connecting” at church and it feels good.

So Amy and her kids “hung” with us on Friday. We made French bread pizza and watched NMSU fall short of a win over UT in basketball. The kids ran around and had a great time playing together.





~I have one with Ian as well, but blogger is being a jerk. I will email them to you Amy~

Emily had a rough night and was up sick most of the night, so we all got to sleep in Saturday morning and then I went to the grocery shopping on a budget- Like Sarah I was only able spend a certain amount of money. It was fantastic fun. I only had taken the money I could spend and it was nerve racking at the end to make sure I wasn’t going to have to put something back. But I feel like I shopped better than I EVER had! I actually looked at prices and choose store brand stuff over name brand more times than not. I actually only bought name brand soup and chips for the kids lunch. And I had to think long and hard about those choices! I talked with Josh and I think we are going to make shopping a challenge for me from now on. I totally dug it!!

On Sunday we finally got around to our cleaning. We moved furniture to clean underneath it- EWW! We found stuff you don’t even want to know about. Just more proof that our son is disgusting! But while the furniture was all moved around, I decided we should just rearrange it! So we did. We completely turned the entire living room around. The TV space is cozier and there is other space now for something else, we are thinking of putting the computer in the living room now- or a piano. Josh doesn’t like the piano idea, but I have wanted one for years. I am going to keep an eye out on craigslist and see if I can’t get my hands on one!

I also watched a movie after small groups last night- Quencieniera. It was very good. Josh thought it was boring, but I thought it was very interesting~ I enjoyed it.
That is about it for my exciting weekend. It was nice to have a weekend where nothing was going on. We just had a good time as a family.

11 comments:

Amy said...

Those kids are totally going to rue the day that those pictures exist when they are thirteen. You should put them in a "lock box" as your pal Al Gore would say to keep them safe from destruction.

Anonymous said...

There will be no piano. It will clash with my 60" plasma HD TV

Susan said...

Look!!! My husband actually commented! YEAH!

Amy said...

*Good luck getting your nifty plasma whatchmacallit on Craig's list.
*Don't you think that watching your home state lose to mine hurts less on a smaller screen?
*I didn't know Josh could type.
*Shouldn't he be at work?
and finally,
no. that's it. I am all out of zings. I was just so excited to see Josh commenting I had to unload.

Anonymous said...

Amy;

At least my team only lost by 7 not 17.

Speaking of Home States,The title of this will be Texas History.

Bunch of guys got wasted in a adobe building. The End.

Amy said...

What, you too sloppy to remember the name of the adobe building? I thought that was a given?
(Sorry for abusing your nice blog like this, Susan. I never promised to always be nice to Josh)

Anonymous said...

Amy

That's what you Texans get for thinking.

Josh

Anonymous said...

You can only blame Jacob for so long, he will catch on! You and Josh are just going to have to clean up you eating habits.

As for NMSU vs. Texas...Next year the Aggies will show you how we barbeque longhorn in New Mexico. It tastes just like chicken. (assuming those nearsighted cows can find the NCAA)

Mom

Amy said...

Pam, I would never tell Josh this because he is too cocky, but I am not a real big Longhorn fan. In fact, I am usually more than happy to see them get stomped. I was quite proud of the fight your Aggies put up. They didn't let UT walk away with it and I am sure they will be a force to be reckoned with next year.
Also, you don't want to eat longhorn. The meat is tough and doesn't go down very easy.

Anonymous said...

Amy;

I am not cocky, i am stubborn. You hurt my fealingd. I think I am going to find a quit corner and cry.

Amy said...

I am so sorry I hurt your feelings, but don't you think you might lose some credibility at work if anybody sees you weeping in your quiet corner? Turn that frown upside down you stubborn man.