Friday, March 02, 2007

New eyes

So I am sitting here right now wearing birthday present from my parents, my brand new hard contact lenses. Ow, they hurt. But ever so often they don’t hurt, my eyes stop watering and I can see clearly. More clearly than I think I have EVER seen. With my astigmatism ridden left eye. I haven’t seen clearly out of my left eye in 15 years. And now, I can. But it is a learning experience. I think that taking them out is going to be the extra sticky part. You see, you have to put your eyelids behind the lens and pop them out. Yes, POP THEM OUT!!! Is that not horrifying. Plus, unlike my soft lenses, which can move when you touch them, they are hard. Not a harder soft, but a HARD-like plastic. I have plastic in my eyes right now! I am supposed to wear them for at least 3 hours today and progress from there. I am at 2 hours right now, so I think I can make at least 3. I hope I can at least. So thanks mom and dad for allowing me to inflict horrific pain in my eyes, you’re the best!

2 comments:

Amy said...

Gee. Maybe next year they will just spray your face with acid. Sounds swell.
(Actually, Pam and Danny, I am thrilled that my Susan can see better. Thank you from me.)

Sarah said...

Sounds rough! I'm glad I get to wear glasses. I've tried contacts and they and I just don't get along.