Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Daylight Savings Time

I have this love hate relationship with day-light savings time. I hate it! I have an incredible difficult time adjusting. Probably more difficult time adjusting that anyone in my family. I dread loosing the hour of precious sleep. And anyone who knows me understands my need for sleep. But I love it! I love the extra light, I love that it means spring has come. I love that it came early this year-right as Spring Break was starting. This way my children can ease into the transition, rather than three of us trudging around cranky and sleepy, there is only one! It is fabulous. Just last night I got off from work, headed to the gym. Worked out, went home ate dinner that Josh had prepared then cleaned the bedroom up a little, weeded the front lawn a little, helped Emily with her volleyball watched Jacob try to ride his bike down the neighbors lawn X-games style and still the sun was up when we went inside at 8 pm. I know some of that came from Josh being home, there being no homework this week and dinner was ready when I walked in the house. But I am thankful that on Friday when Jacob has soccer practice that he will have his complete practice in the sun light. And that even Emily, who practices in a gym will leave her practice in the sun light. I love Spring. I love day light savings time, once I can get over the whole sleep thing.

No comments: