Monday, April 03, 2006

Our Weekend

What a busy weekend. It was pretty non-stop and with the help of the farmers, I am so tired I am worthless at work today. I am trying to actually get some things accomplished and I can barely move I am so tired. I hate day-light savings time.

To start of we went to our friends house, sans children on Friday night. They stayed the night with Grandma. She seems to be a little lonely, and suddenly wants to be best friends with all of us again, rather than getting out and making new friends, but I digress….
The kids spent the night, so we “partied hardy” on Friday night, we got home late and were awaken at 7:50 am to come get our kids. Then we got up and started moving, slowly. The kids went to bed late, Jacob at 9 and Emily at 11 (even though she knew they were fighting off a cold) and Josh and I were up past midnight. After we all woke-up/showered we went to the Home Depot to pick up some concrete to help the dog stay in the yard. Not to put the dog in, but to make it so he can’t get out. Well, we just happened upon the first Sat of the month at Home Depot. They have a project for kids to do…for FREE. So we said sure and I even marked the next one on my calendar, so we can do it again. Jacob built a race care and Emily built a bird feeder. It was so fun. And then the kids let us browse a bit, because they were happy for a minute. We found a rug I like, to cover the iron burn mark that Jacob helped make two weeks ago and bought our $3 bag of Quick Crete. Then we went to the animal shelter. I have been having a yearning for my wiener dog again, so went looking. They actually had two there this weekend, but they were on hold, so we could not even take them out of the cage to see how they would interact with Biscuit. So, we may be back later in the week, or we may just chill on the second dog idea for a minute.
After all this we all went home and took a nap YEAH!!! Then Emily and I went to Mother Daughter bowling with Girl Scouts and had a great time. We had the bumpers up, so I scored a 94! The best ever! We all had a great time, and Jacob and Josh went to see Ice Age 2, and they both really seemed to enjoy it as well. After such a busy Saturday we did NOTHING on Sunday, but because the farmers need extra time or whatever, the kiddos and me were beat all day long. In fact Jacob fell asleep about 5 pm during/after throwing a fit about cleaning his room. He woke up about 2 hours later and we fed him and put him back in bed, and he still gave me grief this morning getting up. Oh well… Next weekend we have a make-up yard sale, because that didn’t happen this week and Girl Scouts. Hopefully, much less exciting.

No comments: