Friday, April 11, 2008

Thoughts on hair

Since Amy referenced Emily’s pink hair from last summer I thought I would throw the picture of her up on the site for all to see. She loved having it dyed and I think we may end up with it dyed again before too long.



I decided on my current hair policy after a conversation with my mother in which she told me, “I wished I had let you shave the back of your head like you wanted to.” I was unable to find a picture for reference, but you know the look, back in the 90’s. In the moment my mother told me that I decided hair is where I wouldn’t care. I would just let them do as they pleased. Blue hair? Sure, lets go get some dye. Checkerboard shavings? Sure, lets head to Amy’s. Tattoo? NO. Piercing? NO. I knew I was going to have to give somewhere and hair is where I decided that would be. Besides, they would be the one who had to look at that picture in 20 years and know that they made that choice, not me. Also, I figure if I give a little in this area, they might not push the other areas quite so much.

That’s my plan, hopefully they will stay with it!

1 comment:

Amy said...

I LOVE this picture!

Your mother's refusal to let you one day regret shaving the back of your head may well have inspired a whole new generation of well dressed punks.

I hope she is very proud of herself.