Monday, April 21, 2008

I have fallen!

I have been absent for a week or so, due to the craziness that is my life. I have actually been working (I know, its s shock, even to me) while at work, in order to complete the work necessary so that I can take my much anticipated vacation in less than 2 weeks. Any time I have that I am not working I am obsessing over ever little detail you might not even think warrants a thought.

I was talking to Amy the other night about my trip, not something that I torment many people (except my husband) to even a fraction of the amount of time I actually think about it. (I am SO excited!!!) She mentioned, as I finally let go of my fear (you know, the fear that someone will think you are a freak) and began to spill all the information and excitement out onto her and she told me that she knew I would go off the edge at some point. And I had finally done it. I had fallen off the edge.

But really, I hadn’t.

Yes, I had fallen, but many, many, many years ago.

You see I have had a love affair with Disney since, well, forever.

I remember listening to the Jungle Book with my mom on a RECORD(!) in our living room when I was in early grade school. Dancing around and acting like an elephant with my mom, is one of my greatest memories. Plus, those are some jamming songs. I mean, who doesn’t know Colonel Hatahways March?

I remember seeing The Lion King and Beauty and the Beast as a high schooler and being mesmerized. I was not too cool to go see a “cartoon” with my friends, in fact we readily saw all things Disney in high school. My only disappointment was Pocahontas. And what a disappointment that was. But that is another post altogether.

Even for my 18th birthday I received a Winnie the Pooh playset. I had that set for years, until children. (Need I say more?) I also received a Winnie the Pooh snow globe from my parents that is still proudly displayed in my kitchen, many years later.

My first job was with The Disney Store. I worked there for 2 years, and I loved it. I so enjoyed it, except for the horrible uniform, but we won’t go there. I bet my parents have a picture of me in that uniform somewhere. That is there nature, to take pictures of me in all my uniformed glory.

I even “left” my husband and first born when she was 18 months old for the summer in order to work at The Walt Disney World in Florida. Now, mind you, I needed an internship in order to graduate from college, and that was the only one who picked me. I was so sad. ;) I enjoyed those three months more than anybody might really know. Not because I was away from my family, but because I spent 6 or 7 days in a park. If I wasn’t working, I was most likely figuring out a time to be in the park. There were times I would get off from my job at the Crystal Palace and get changed and head back up and ride a few rides in the evening before heading home. Where else in the world is that an option?

Josh and I even took a cruise/park trip there almost 9 years ago for our first anniversary. It was wonderful. I loved spending that time with him, there in a place I loved so much!

You see, I had fallen for Disney before I even had a chance.

I guess I had just held my obsession in for a few years and she (Amy) had forgotten about it and now I was leaking it out and it was oozing all over the place.

And it is all over the place. I am planning like crazy.

With less that 2 weeks until we leave, it is just about all I can think about. I love the planning, probably as much as I will love being in the park. We have picked the perfect time to go (I hope) and the kids won’t be missing things with school. I even measured Jacob last night and he is tall enough for everything! That is super exciting! I dream about it, think about, worry about it. There are so many details that I don’t want to forget, at the same time I am trying to get lots of regular life things accomplished as well. You know, like laundry and dishes.

No comments: