Monday, April 07, 2008

Flag Football!

Whew!

I am exhausted from the weekend. I need a weekend from my weekend. It was good, but busy and WAY to short and quick.

Saturday morning Jacob had his first flag football game. It was quite a site. We arrived about 30 minutes prior to the game, as Josh is the coach and wanted to be there for when any of the other players showed up. So I sat my chair up and had a seat. Emily and I watched the end of the game that was taking place before Jacob’s game. Once the other kids started showing up they practiced a little bit and then got ready to play. Only the other team had no mouth guards. “I didn’t know!” yelled the coach which is a bunch of bunk, because if I knew, then he knew and failed to follow through with his parents. So we waited. When the mouth guards finally showed up, 15 minutes later, the game began. It was as exciting as a bunch of 6/7 year olds playing flag football can be. Our team was clearly the better team, as we won the game 13-0. Jacob was by far the shortest, skinniest player - on either side of the field. He played “center” most of the game- if that means anything to anyone. And he was a running back for the last play of the game and took 3-4 yards before he was de-flagged.

He had a good time playing, at least that is what he told us. I received a horrific sun-burn from the whole experience. But I got some great pictures- most of which you can see on my new photo-blog http://www.ethelsimages.blogspot.com/ but I will leave you with the best shot I got of the game, in my opinion. It shows everyone on the field moving around, and there stands Jacob, still as a statue.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, I thought I was always going to be the smallest, skinniest player.

DoD

Amy said...

I love that picture. Coach must be proud.