Monday, January 07, 2008

Yeah! Weekends

So the weekend was successful. I accomplished everything on my list, except for the cleaning of the bathrooms and that was replaced with a nap for Jacob, Emily and myself yesterday afternoon. Emily had a sleepover the night before and didn’t go to sleep until 1:30am. I was lucky she made it through church Sunday morning. But a nap was needed and had by all. And it was wonderful.

We had successful cookie pick-up. I know have 107 cases of Girl Scout cookies in my living room. Lord help me.



The laundry is as done as it can be. There is ALWAYS dirty laundry. But right now, in the house there is maybe 1 ½ loads to do. And that is a stretch. I am going to see how long I can keep the lack of laundry going.

The kitty box was cleaned by Josh. I didn’t ask him to do it, but he did it before I could get to it. So I was thrilled that it got done and that I didn’t have to do it.

Jacob had is homework done Saturday morning before we left to get the cookies. This may or may not have had something to do with the fact that I told him Friday night that he could not play the Wii until the homework was done. He was on me to get it done Saturday morning.

We made it to the Girl Scout shop and spent lots of Girl Scout money and money of our own. It was a good time. I got a yard sign for Cookies that is WAY cool.

And we went “treasure hunting” on Saturday after Josh got off work and before Emily went to her sleepover and I was presented with several wonderful opportunities for pictures. I have not uploaded them into my flickr account yet, but they are off my camera and on my computer at home. I will have to wait until tonight to load them into flickr and post some tomorrow.

I did accomplish a few things that were not on my list of things to do from Friday. I cleaned out the top of my closet. It isn’t done, but I not have a huge bag for Goodwill but I am going to wait until I finish cleaning out the closet to take it down there. I have a feeling some of my Home Interiors stuff is going to make it to Goodwill this trip. I think I may be over the whole Americana theme in my home now.

I successfully spent more money at IKEA. But that isn’t difficult. I think I am inflicting a self imposed ban on IKEA until we have saved up the $299 We need for the new bed frame that I want. We are selling things on Craigslist and we are up to $100 and when we have “earned” the entire amount from Craigslist we are going to go back and buy the bed frame and our bedroom will actually maybe look like we intend to live there for a while.

Overall it was a great weekend. To short as usual and to busy as usual, but good all the same.

No comments: