Tuesday, January 08, 2008

My new love affair with books

So I think that my big “resolution” this year is to read more. Read more actual books. I read plenty on the internet everyday and I read magazines way more than is necessary. But I used to really enjoy diving into a book. Just ask my parents how I saw Europe when I was a tween, head in a book, with a set of earphones on. NKOTB all the way! I have found that my excuse is always time. But I don’t think that is a valid excuse anymore for myself, anyways. I need to make time. I have found that this whole writers strike because they are making little to no money of internet downloads, according to this site, which has basically taken down many of the television shows which I love to watch off the air. While I support these folks, it really has made me aware of how much time I spend watching television. I have now begun to re-direct that time to reading. I have picked up a few books which have been recommended through people, blogs I read or through other media outlets.

I love the way a book feels in my hands. Especially if it is new, never been opened and ready for a good read. I recently took an armload of books to Half Price Books and picked up a book, and several I had ordered came in the mail yesterday and I kinda wandered around just holding them and smelling them. It was very nice. I had begun reading the one I picked up at half price books and now I am anxious to finish it and get started on another one. So that is all for today. I am beginning my love affair with books again. As much as I miss all my wonderfully written television shows, I think I am going to enjoy my books just as well.

No comments: