Friday, November 09, 2007

Ramblings

Yeah! It is Friday! That makes me more excited than almost anything! And it is a 3 day weekend! Yeah! And the kids are in school on Monday! Yeah!

So an update on me… because it is all about me. My throat is feeling better. A little better each day. I am really hopeful that by this time next week I will be able to say, “Pain? What pain?” It feels more like an incredibly sore throat now, which is a vast improvement over the shards of glass I had been swallowing for the last 11 days.

We are very excited to travel to New Mexico and see all my family and friends. We haven’t made the trip in over a year and are excited for some green chili and beautiful sunsets. By golly, my throat had better be healed before we get there. The kids are excited to “treasure hunt” with Pepaw and I am excited to Black Friday shop with my mom. This is one of the things I miss most. Almost as much as I miss Burger Time. And that is saying something!

Mom has always been a shopper and she is an even better bargain shopper. “Look at all the money I saved!” is a line that I have heard from her more times that I can even remember. Once I was in high school I would drag myself out of bed the day after Thanksgiving and we would hit the Burger King for breakfast (since it was one of the only places open at 5am) and wait for the stores to open. It was great. After I was married and had moved back to New Mexico we would meet up early in the morning and shopped until noon when we would stop for lunch and maybe catch a movie. It was so much fun.

After we moved 10 hours away we both continued to shop on Black Friday. I would go alone. I thought that I would have a better chance of finding the great deals because now I lived in a big city and there were 5 Target stores just with in 20 miles rather than the 1 store in Las Cruces. But with those 5 stores came about a billion extra people and I was unable to find some of the deals as easily as I was back in New Mexico. It was very sad. Because I love to shop. I love to shop the day after Thanksgiving. I love to take care of 95% of my shopping that day. I rarely do any prior to that, I always forget I bought anything. So I do most of it that day, and I love it. But I have missed the shopping with my mom.

Until this year! I am SO excited to be going to New Mexico because we are going to get to sop together again! I have been scouring the internet sites where the ads are already posted and creating a list of things I want to try to buy. And I will probably be able to.

My only problem is going to be getting them back home without the family seeing them.

So we are excited to travel so far and enjoy a meal together. I am thankful for the opportunity to do so and ready for the fun to arrive!

No comments: