Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Questions

Why is it that my child who can remember outrunning the cops 6 years ago can not remember where she put her shoes the night before?

And why is it when I send her into her room to look for her belt, she comes out in no less time than 15 seconds later unable to find it. But when I walk into her room not a minute later I see her belt lying on her bed?

Why is it that if I can’t find the remote control to the TV, the first place I have come to look is either in the children’s bathroom or in my son’s room?

Why is it that I can eat my cereal with out spilling milk all over my table, chair, floor and myself, but neither of my children can?

Why is it that my children cannot remember when they are out of lunch money at school until I find the note from the cafeteria in their backpack, pants pocket or daily folder?

Why is it when I tell the children to go get in the car because we are leaving and I walk out side and they are everywhere but in the car?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why? So, you can smile when your children ask you the same questions 20 years from now. And, because it makes me smile because I remember asking those same questions 20 years ago.

Dear Old Dad

Susan said...

Ha ha Dad. They are going to drive me crazy!!