Monday, October 15, 2007

It has been a week since I updated and well, so much and so little to tell you all about.

The family and I will be traveling to New Mexico for Thanksgiving! I am SO, super excited about this. Josh was given both Thanksgiving and Christmas off, so we decided to head down to visit the family and friends in New Mexico.

Do you hear that Serina? We will be coming to see you in a few short weeks!!!!!

Also, I found out this morning that I will be having my tonsils out in a few weeks. I am excited and a little nervous about it. Well, not about the actual surgery part, but the recovery. I am scheduled to travel the week after, unless I get promoted and then who knows, and that makes me a little nervous. I will have 6 days of recovery under my belt before I have to travel, but I am still a little nervous. I am sure it will be fine, as long as I have lots of meds to take with me. In fact it might work out real nicely, because I will be able to rest in the afternoons rather than being stuck coming in to work, because I do not have but a weeks worth of sick leave.

Jacob had his first soccer game of the season, and we have moved up out of the “kiddy” league. He is in his third “season” with YMCA soccer, but he has only been playing for 1 year. But now there are referees and the game has transformed from a bunch of kids in a pact all trying to kick the ball into a sort of real game of soccer. There is SOME actual playing taking place.


An action shot of Jacob running after the ball

Jacob played the first and last quarter. He wanted nothing to do with soccer during the middle two quarters. He was crying and acting extremely un-Jacob like during that time. And then, he wanted to play. And he played the best he had ever played. The kid is just weird. But he enjoyed it and I think they won. I seriously have no idea, Jacob says they did and I am going to just take his word for it.

We also did a little shopping for Emily as she does not have many cold weather clothes and Lord willing, fall is coming. We ended up in Aeropostale and picked up two very cute shirts that she just loves to bits. The only personal problem I had with them was in order to get her a t-shirt that wasn’t inappropriate for her as far as fit and tightness, we had to get an extra large! Ugh. But she loves them and they are very cute on her. Now we are on a quest to find a decent pair of pants that fit her well. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

YEAH!! I am so excited to see you guys!! I hope the tonsil thing goes well - the good thing is you won't get sick as much. We'll be praying for ya in NM!!

Love ya,
Serina