Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Yesterday Emily won tickets to the Round Rock Express game from our new favorite pizza place, Papa Murphy’s. She always wants to fill out those little cards, and I remember letting her do it one day a few months ago. It was quite humorous when I went to pick them up, because they asked for and ID. I pointed to Emily and said, “She is Emily, she doesn’t have an ID. But here is mine, the address is the same.” I think they almost didn’t believe me. So the game is tonight and the kids are going with Josh while I am at my info session on teaching certificates.

We also purchased two brand new suitcases for the kids trip to New Mexico and then onto Kentucky. I had finally decided to just bite the bullet and buy the $25 kids ones I found on Sunday, but couldn’t bear to purchase, but after consultation with my mother and father and their preference to having two small ones instead of one big one, I figured I would just do it. Besides, my big one- has seen MUCH better days and is falling apart due to all of my travels. So we went to Target after I got home last night, but it was a different Target and they didn’t have the same luggage I had seen on Sunday. So, I looked around and decided on some MUCH cheaper small “adult” suitcases for $9.99 a piece- I said- that’s it, we will take it. I have another very small piece if we need to send three, but I think we should be ok with their backpacks and the small luggage. But I got out of Target with the two suitcases and a new swimsuit for Emily (which I now have to return today- ARGH!) for what one suitcase would have cost. So I am VERY happy about that. So tonight I am going to start pulling underwear and socks and dresses for them. Also, mom, don’t worry, I think I am simply going to mail Jacob’s present to Mamagrand this weekend. That way you don’t have to transport them.

The kids are brown from swimming and are antsy to see their MeMaw. FYI Mom, Emily is most excited about: seeing Shrek the Third, and watching the bunnies after dinner. And swimming.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

New luggage is so much fun! Hope your trip is great.