Friday, June 15, 2007

Silliness

The kids are nearly packed. I only have to add a shirt for Emily and a (1) sock for Jacob. And then pack their on the airplane backpacks. And there I only need to add the DVD players that are charging and split up the crayons and add a few chapter books to Emily’s bag. And they will be ready to go. This morning Emily asked me if it was Saturday yet. I said- Not yet, but tomorrow. They are ready to go. Mrs. Ann has quite a fantastic day planned of swimming at the Round Rock pool, Gattiland and a relaxing afternoon watching a movie. They will be pooped.

We went to Chuy’s last night for a fathers day celebration since the kiddos will be gone on Sunday. Josh loved the ipod shuffle and was walking around with it last night as we were packing and cleaning up. I am super happy that he likes it. We had a good time once Emily got out of her funk and we just had a fabulous time.




I am excited that my kids get to have their fabulous vacation, but I am ad and scared fro them at the same time. It is probably a good thing that we have our company picnic right after I drop the kids off at the airport. Otherwise I might be a basket case for the next two weeks.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Things you did not warn your parents about before sending your children for a visit:

1. The misconceptions that Emily's mother had planted in her head. Her all-knowing Memaw (that would be me) has had to show her a jackrabbit to convince her that they do not have horns! She said that her mom told her that jackrabbits had horns.

2. The amoount of Air Freshener, Lysol, etc. needed when Jacob has his "constitutional" in the bathroom. Let's just say that boy has an unique digestive system!

More updates as the week progresses.

Mom

Susan said...

yes, the boy has issues. and I never told Emily that jack rabbits have horns. NEVER!

Anonymous said...

Perhaps you shared a picture of a jackalope with her...Sound familar?

Jacob needs a hazmat team in the bathroom after him.

Mom

Susan said...

Now see, I think you may be thinking of yourself. I don;t ever recall showing any child of mine a picture of a jackelope. I swear!

And so sorry about Jacob. It would be better if he would eat something besides chicken nuggets.