Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Childless and it feels so......weird.

Josh and I have had quite a bit of quiet time since the children went off to New Mexico. We almost don’t know what to do with ourselves. We had a late dinner out on Monday, we didn’t even come home until after 8:30 (which is completely unheard of for us). We are actually getting to talk. Like real live grown-up talk. I almost don’t know what to think about all of it.

Sadly, I do not miss my children yet. I think it is because I am still working 8 hours a day and commuting forever everyday and have my mind on all this silly teacher stuff (which, on a side note, I officially put my application, copies of transcripts and a lovely little check to the agency in the mail this morning on the way to work. I will be officially accepted after they check and make sure I actually went to college and what-not). I think I will start missing them today. Josh is working and I get off at 4:30. I will have quite a bit of time alone. Which is nice in theory, but lonely at the same time. I will probably turn up the stereo and get to work in their rooms. I have stripped their beds and pulled all the laundry out of there, I just need to go ahead and get it good and clean while they are gone. Now is my opportunity to shed some of the junk they have collected. While I have to admit isn’t nearly as much junk as it was at one time. Plus, I would love to be able to surprise them with something new in their playroom- what? Who knows, but I gotta get it cleaned up before I can do anything.

But it is bizarre not having the kids. it is different this time. I mean, we did go for a week last summer without them, but it seemed like a rushed week and we didn’t get to spend any quality time together. This time- I feel like it will be forever until I see my kiddos again. I won’t see them for another 12 days! Not that I am counting or anything.

No comments: